FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Ans. You should type your name exactly as it appears on your passport or other official government identification documents. For example, Richard’s passport says: NKRUMAH RICHARD AMOAKO. He should type “RICHARD AMOAKO” in the given names field and “NKRUMAH” in the surname field of the application.
Ans. Please review the eligibility requirements. The application will not let you proceed unless you meet general requirements.
Ans. No, you must submit your application through the online application system. Paper applications, or applications by email attachment, will not be accepted.
Ans. You should use the email address (es) that you access most frequently and which can be accessed from any internet connection. Work email addresses that cannot be accessed outside your office are not recommended.
Ans. The application is free to all eligible application
Ans. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants with physical disabilities or special needs who require another person’s assistance to complete an application may do so. However, the thoughts, ideas, and content of their application must be their own; they cannot collaborate with the person assisting them on the content of their application.
Ans. Competition for the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra is merit-based and open to young West African leaders who meet the following criteria:
- Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Togo, Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, The Gambia, Burkina Faso, Liberia, Cameroon and Sierra Leone
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Ghana
- Are proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English
Ans. Expenses that are NOT covered by the program include: incidental expenses such as entertainment, alcoholic beverages, and internet fees that may be necessary for participation in the distance learning portion of the course
Ans. Please note that housing will be typically in university hostels or similar accommodations. You will be expected to share a room and washroom with one or more other participants of the same gender. Most meals will be provided at campus cafeterias or restaurants, though participants may have access to a kitchen to cook some meals on their own. It is important that applicants are aware of these arrangements and that they are comfortable with such accommodations. To the extent possible, care will be taken to ensure that any special requirements regarding disability, diet, daily worship, housing, and medical care are satisfied.
Ans. If you are selected to participate in the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa - Accra program, all of the following expenses will be covered by the program:
- Visa to Accra (if required)
- Round-trip travel from your country of citizenship* to Accra, Ghana
- Transportation to/from kotoka International Airport to/from the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa - Accra for all non-Ghanaian participants
- For Ghanaian, transportation to/from the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa - Accra will be provided for from your location of residence
- Customized academic and leadership course;
- Accident and sickness benefit plan
- Housing and meals
- Stipend to cover miscellaneous costs when in Accra.